INGREDIENTS (9 ITEMS)
1 unit Red bell pepper
5¼ oz Red beets
4¼ oz Green kale
½ oz Walnuts
½ oz Capers
¼ oz Garlic
¼ oz Parsley
2 Salmon fillets
3 oz Vegetable broth with lemon juice from ½ a lemon
2 tbs butter
START PREP: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Medium dice red bell pepper and beets into pieces, about ½ inch each.
- Place red beets and bell pepper in a medium bowl. Drizzle with about 1½ tablespoons cooking oil. Season with about ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir to coat.
- Juice half a lemon. Mix vegetable broth and lemon in small bowl and set aside.
ROAST BEETS & BELL PEPPER: Spread beets and bell pepper out in a single layer on a lightly oiled, foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 18-22 minutes, or until beets are tender, stirring halfway through.
FINISH PREP: Remove and discard any thick center stems from green kale
- Roughly chop leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Roughly chop capers.
- Mince garlic.
- De-stem parsley; finely chop leaves.
COOK SALMON: Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1½ tablespoons cooking oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon to hot pan, skin-side down. Sear 4-5 minutes on each side, or until salmon is fully cooked. Transfer salmon to a cutting board.
SAUTÉ KALE: Heat about 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add kale, walnuts, and 1-2 tablespoons water to hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until kale has wilted and walnuts are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
MAKE PICCATA SAUCE: Heat 1-2 teaspoons olive oil in pan used for salmon over medium heat. Add capers and garlic to hot pan. Cook about 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Carefully add vegetable broth with lemon juice to pan. Simmer 3-4 minutes, or until sauce has reduced slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until butter has melted. Add parsley. Stir to combine.
PLATE YOUR DISH: Divide salmon between plates. Spoon piccata sauce over salmon. Serve roasted red beets and bell pepper and sautéed kale with walnuts on the side. Enjoy
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.